Sunday 12 April 2015

April 12, 2015

Oh, here is a picture from the SFO airport that I forgot to include last week.

I can't believe this got past whoever organizes these things.

The only funny thing that happened on Monday was that in the middle of Baroque ensemble, a panel in the ceiling opened and some black cords came jerking and bouncing down like snakes (apparently something to do with the sound system). We freaked a little and then started laughing, but our teacher didn't get it and looked annoyed at us for laughing.

The only interesting thing that happened on Tuesday was that Maddy kept dropping bits of paper from the second floor down into the atrium and hoping they would land on people. We watched the little white bits go spinning down and laughed hysterically. I don't think anyone noticed (us or the papers).

The only interesting thing that happened on Wednesday was that M and I saw a mouse on our night run. A small dark shape scuttled across the sidewalk and zoomed partway up a green wall on the other side, only to fall back, twitch itself and squeeze under the fence.

Two interesting things happened on Thursday, and they were both in German class:
1. We listened to a strange song about "Hawaii Toast" and
2. We had to do little skits and one group did a graphic one where the girl kept throwing up.

I spent yesterday morning at Mountain Lake, pulling watercress out of the North Arm. It's an invasive species and I had volunteered with a group to do the weeding. They gave us rubber boots and gloves and we waded through sloshing, sinking, squeezing, sucking mud and pulled out two large patches of watercress and lots of smaller ones. Afterwards I got a bunch of caches. Wonderful was the muddy cool water and the messy green sprawling stalks.

Bird at Mountain Lake

Today was my friend's recital, in which she and I played Schnittke's "Moz-Art for two violins". It's a humourous piece with whistling, bitonality, offset themes and two spots where I am required to detune my violin. We had conscripted M to do the whistling and some random acting onstage. As J (the girl whose recital it was) put it, "I looked confused, the people were laughing, it was good"

- Antisocial Violinist

No comments:

Post a Comment