Sunday 29 March 2015

March 29, 2015

You'll be pleased to know that I accomplished everything on my Spring Break To Do list.

On Monday I took care of some errands and other business that has been weighing heavily on my hands. I also went to school and saw that major preparations were being made for some sort of gala event, including the following:



On Tuesday I went to Bernal Heights to get my 50th multi cache and a few others.

This and below are shots of the self-proclaimed "Nice Neighbourhood Garden"



On Wednesday I went to Kite Hill to get a puzzle cache that I didn't solve but that one of my caching buddies had figured out the approximate location. I've never been to Kite Hill before, but I enjoyed it because it is not quite as high as the surrounding hills (Twin Peaks, Corona Heights etc.) and so it gives the impression of sitting in a big bowl, with houses lining the sides of the bowl in rows all the way up.

Kite Hill
I didn't know Amazon sold harmonicas

Guys I bet that sidewalk block is a trapdoor that DOES lead to someone's house.


On Thursday I made a recording of myself playing violin while someone else played piano. Afterwards I gave a box of chocolates to the piano player as a reward and I took a trip to the Presidio as a reward to myself.

These used to be the officers' houses, in which they would live with their families.

And these are houses people DO live in today, on the same base.

Trois beaux canards s'en vont baignant...

On Friday I slept in, hung around and did laundry. I also walked to Alamo Square to get a recently-published cache, but I do not have any pictures as I spent most of the time lying on the grass.

On Saturday I went to Rodeo Lagoon. I had planned to go with some friends, but they bailed, so I went alone and unhindered by the various "needs" of neophyte geocachers. I walked all the way around Rodeo Lagoon and studied the rainbow pebbles at Rodeo Beach and found a couple of rare translucent carnelians. I also found a spot that looked like someone had taken a giant bite out of the gentle green hills and exposed their rusty red ribbon chert innards.

I do not have many pictures from this trip as my camera was low on juice, but here are the ones I do have.

Rodeo Lagoon

The ribbon chert

Three types of pebbles: green chert, red chert and a carnelian in the middle.

The second carnelian


This morning at Palm Sunday mass I helped read the Passion - I was the "Speaker(s)". There was one line where the high priests say "Aha! You have heard the blasphemy" or some such and I guess I said "Aha!" very enthusiastically and the priest and others commented on it and laughed: "AHA!!! That was very dramatic!!"

Tomorrow school starts again.

- Antisocial Violinist

No comments:

Post a Comment